Changes are occurring to the VET FEE-HELP scheme that will affect current Sage students who are accessing VET FEE-HELP to fund their studies. If this is you, read on to find out what you need to do.
What changes are occurring to VET FEE-HELP?
From 1 January 2017 the VET FEE-HELP scheme will cease and a new VET Student Loans program will commence. If you are a current student financing your studies through a VET FEE-HELP loan you will not be transferred to the new VET Student Loans program. As a Sage student, you can continue accessing VET FEE-HELP to complete your studies prior to 31 December 2017.
What do I need to do?
If you are a current continuing student accessing VET FEE-HELP, you will need to let the Australian Government Department of Education and Training know that you wish to continue to access VET FEE-HELP. You will need to do this as soon as possible, and before 31 March 2017. The department will contact you personally to explain how to do this.
You will be sent an email or letter from the department. The letter will contain the information required for you to opt-in for your course:
- Go to the VET FEE-HELP opt-in portal https://ecaf.education.gov.au/vfh
- Sign in using the passkey number provided from your email/letter and your Date of Birth
- Check the prefilled details and complete the form
- Press the submit button
- A confirmation email will be sent to you which will confirm the opt-in process has been accepted
- Give the PDF document attached to your confirmation email to Sage by either:
- Printing it and handing it to reception, or
- Forwarding the email with the attachment to VetFeeHelp@sage.edu.au
What happens if I don’t contact the department before 31 March 2017?
If you do not let the department know you would like to continue, your access to VET FEE-HELP will cease from 31 March 2017. In this circumstance you will be required to pay the balance of fees owing for your course.
Who can I speak with to get help?
If you have any questions or would like assistance completing the online form please call (1300 833 855) or make an appointment with our Student Support Team (StudentSupport@sage.edu.au).
Sage Institute of Massage – it’s more than a job, it’s rewarding career.
- VET FEE-HELP – important information for current students - December 21, 2016
- Bulging discs and herniated discs: what you need to know as a massage therapist - September 23, 2016
- Massage Music Part II: the must-read list for massage therapists - September 9, 2016