The Sage Massage Clinic is located at our campus in Elsternwick and is open to members of the public and is staffed by Senior Massage Therapy Students, who provide all treatments under the guidance and supervision of qualified and experienced Practitioners.
This sought after student clinic provides treatments in relaxation massage and remedial massage therapy, and serves as a valuable, real-world experience for the students of Sage, allowing them to grow in confidence as they apply their knowledge gained throughout their studies.
The modern treatment rooms have been purpose built for the provision of professional massage therapy services, and are private and fully equipped with electric treatment tables, independent heating and cooling systems and lights, and quality linens. Why wait? Make an appointment today!
Massage Therapy (allow 60 minutes for this appointment)
Massage therapy relieves pain, dysfunction and disability through manipulation of the muscles, fascia and related soft tissues. Once you’ve completed a short health history questionnaire, your student therapist will use gentle manipulations applied to the body to reduce stress, fatigue, anxiety, improving your energy levels and increasing your blood circulation.
Remedial Massage Therapy (allow 90 minutes for this appointment)
Remedial therapies utilise a number of massage techniques to assess and treat soft tissue dysfunction. Techniques might include advanced soft tissue manipulations, muscle energy techniques, thermal therapies, stretching and therapeutic exercise. At your first visit, your student therapist will devote around thirty minutes to the assessment of your posture and movements. After this thorough assessment and case history is documented, a treatment plan will be recommended. Treatment typically commences at this first session after the initial assessment, and continues over multiple visits to the clinic.
Session Times – Massage Therapy – $25 per visit
|Monday – Cert IV/Remedial
|Tuesday – Cert IV only
|Wednesday – Cert IV/Remedial
4:30pm and 6:30pm (REM)
|Thursday – Cert IV/Remedial
|Friday – Cert IV/Remedial
|Saturday – Cert IV only
Relaxation Massage – 60 minutes
Remedial Massage – 90 minutes
Discounts apply on presentation of a valid Student or Seniors Concession Card when paying for your booking.
Conditions of use
Your attention to the following will ensure clinics run smoothly:
- All payments are made upon attendance at the booking
- All payments are non-refundable*
- Bookings may be transferred if you are unable to keep your appointment, immediate notification is requested, and twenty four hours notice of cancellation is appreciated to allow us to find a replacement booking for your student therapist
- Where a cancellation is requested, your appointment will be rescheduled to the next agreed available time
- If you have undergone any significant surgery, medical clearance is requested and a waiting period of up to 3 months may apply before massage treatment may be provided
- The gender of your student therapist cannot be assured
- The continuation of your student therapist cannot be assured
- Please refrain from drinking alcohol or taking analgesic medications prior to your treatment, and avoid eating a large meal prior to your treatment
- Clients are to wear appropriate undergarments and abide by the draping standards adopted by the clinic
- Sage Massage has the right to refuse treatment to any persons deemed unsuitable for treatment.