As thoughts turn from study to shopping, and classrooms to Christmas, the realisation that another year has almost passed is unquestionably upon us! For many of us, 2013 has been a fantastic year. We’ve had a wonderful response to student enrolments with many students graduating – in many cases immediately finding new, rewarding careers in the massage industry.
There’s been lots of fun along the way too with our Facebook page more than doubling its numbers. And what fantastic contributors to the success of the page our students turned out to be! If you haven’t already joined us on Facebook – jump on board – there’s plenty of fun to be had! You can also join us on Google Plus and Pinterest too!
The topic of “fun” is actually worth a mention because at Sage, there is certainly a lot of fun and fulfilment in, and outside, the classroom. Our Teachers and Trainers here are deeply committed and enthusiastic about their work, inspired by the progress our students make as they advance through the curriculum. Likewise, many of the students have given fantastic feedback about what a positive and “fun” experience it has been learning at the Sage Institute of Massage.
We asked some of the teachers what their favourite moments with the students were this year…
“Watching the joy and satisfaction in my students faces when they pass their assessments” – Bernadette Wilson
“Their last clinic. They are so happy and relieved that it is all over, and they can head off into the workplace. They are so excited and confident at the same time…” – Emma Caccianiga
What’s the best thing about teaching at Sage?
“It’s amazingly rewarding mentoring and coaching students through such a brilliant course helping them to uncover the ‘massage diamond’ within. The ‘diamond’ is a metaphor that uncovers potential and skills – brilliance that is highly valued and shared with others.”– Julie Richardson
“The people!”– Emma Caccianiga
The most fun moment in 2013? The Peter Mac Ride!
Many of you told us it was “The Peter MacCallum Ride to Conquer Cancer.” As part of the students’ clinic hours, Amy O’Neill, our Career Agent, organised the students to help out as massage therapists at this worthy event – which was an enormous amount of fun and a terrific learning experience. We’ve also attended several other excellent events including Emma & Tom’s Christmas Fun Run 2013 at Albert Park; Staff Well-being & Benefits Expo at the Royal Melbourne Hospital; the Smooth FM Relaxation Station at the Royal Melbourne Show, the Melbourne Health Expo, and the Spring Into Shape Fun Run to name but a few!
A Round of Applause for Lepeka (Pekx’s) Nanai
A successful Diploma graduate of Sage Institute of Massage and World Powerlifting Champion, Pekx – who has only 3% sight remaining, was sponsored by Sage to attend the World Powerlifting Championships in Beijing. He made us extremely proud by setting yet another world record, and winning another 2 gold medals! We wrote his remarkable story here.
Opening Hours over Christmas
Our hours will be a little different to normal over the Christmas holiday season.
- Monday 23rd 9 AM – 1 PM (Student Training Team Closed)
- Tuesday 24th 9 AM to 1 PM (Student Training Team Closed)
- Wednesday* 25th CLOSED – Christmas Day
- Thursday* 26th CLOSED Boxing Day
- Friday 27th 9 AM to 1 PM (Student Training Team Closed)
- Saturday 28th CLOSED
- Sunday 29th CLOSED
- Monday 30th 9 AM – 1 PM (Student Training Team Closed)
- Tuesday 31st 9 AM – 1 PM (Student Training Team Closed)
- Wednesday* 1st CLOSED – New Year’s Day
- Thursday 2nd Normal Trading Hours (Student Training Team Closed)
- Friday 3rd Normal Trading Hours (Student Training Team Closed
- Saturday 4th Normal Trading Hours (Student Training Team Closed)
- Sunday 5th Normal Trading Hours (Student Training Team Closed)
- Monday 6th OPEN – Return to normal trading
Wishing You All a Very Merry Christmas and a Safe & Happy New Year!
We look forward to seeing you all again soon. And for those of you that we haven’t met, that are thinking about a massage course in the New Year, we wholeheartedly encourage you to make such a ‘Sage’ decision – and sincerely hope that 2014 gives us the opportunity to meet!
Sage Institute of Massage – it’s more than a job, it’s a rewarding career.
- The Good Friday Appeal: When Angels Fly… - March 23, 2015
- Merry Christmas and a happy 2015 to everyone at Sage - December 15, 2014
- Sage Open Day: 17th & 24th of August – REGISTER NOW and you could save up to $500! - August 4, 2014